The Company’s Directors & Management Team are committed to providing our customers with high quality products and services which fully comply with all relevant legislation and standards. This commitment is borne out of a strong belief that customer requirements are paramount, subject to the company fulfilling its duty to meeting regulatory and legal requirements, including those with safety implications.
The Company aims to support this commitment by the use of a Quality Management System that satisfies the aims and objectives of BS EN ISO 9001. The Quality Management System is constructed to provide:
- The controls necessary to provide assurance that manufactured product fully meets customer requirements and expectations.
- The improvement mechanisms that will deliver efficient and effective processes.
- Quantifiable Quality Objectives to provide a basis for analysis and process improvement.
The Company recognises that Quality is the responsibility of every employee and that it is their duty to alert the Q.A. Manager of any possible need to change or withdraw a Procedure, or indicate a new Procedure due to changes within any area of the Company.
The Q.A. Manager has full authority to act in all matters relating to Product Quality, implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System.
The Company recognises that a well-constructed and correctly operated Quality Management System brings enhanced Customer satisfaction, improved efficiency, identifies opportunities for improvement and leads to greater job satisfaction for employees.
On an annual basis the Company will review the effectiveness of the Quality Management System and analyse information appertaining to the service given to our customers. This information will be used to evaluate opportunities for further improvements to satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
General Statement of Policy of Health and Safety
Our policy is to aim to prevent accidents and work related ill health occurring to employees, and to others who might be affected, by accessing and controlling the health and safety risks which arise from our work activities.
In particular we aim to:
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment
- At least comply with all Health and Safety legislation and other requirements
- Provide and maintain safe equipment and plant
- Ensure hazardous substances are used safely
- Provide information training and supervision
- Ensure employees are competent to undertake their work safely
- Continually improve our Heath and Safety performance systems
- Set and implement measureable objectives at all levels with the company
- Consult with employees in health and safety matters
- Effectively communicate the contents and individual responsibilities of this policy to all employees
Details of individual duties responsibilities and arrangements are contained within Procedures and Health and Safety Policy Manual HSM01
This policy will be reviewed as necessary and annually as a minimum and employees will be advised of any changes.
The Managing Director has the overall responsibility for health and safety.
What types of data do we collect and hold?
The personal data that we hold about you will be held securely, processed fairly and lawfully, will be specific, adequate and relevant. It will not be excessive or held for a period of time longer than deemed necessary.
Personal data or information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
What do we use personal data for?
Our primary use of personal information is to enable us to deliver services to our stake holders. Where we have a contract with you, or your employer it is necessary for us to process certain personal data to deliver that contract and provide our services.
We also use personal information for our legitimate business interests in monitoring, developing and promoting our products and services. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
We may contact you by email, post or via the telephone. If you do not wish to receive these communications, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com or telephone us on 01246 260303.
Sharing personal data with third parties
HI Quality Steel Castings Limited does not sell, trade, or rent any personal information to other organisations.
We may disclose personal information to third parties only in the following circumstances:
- The individual whom the personal data is about has consented to the processing
- The processing is necessary in relation to a contract entered into by the individual
- The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation
- The processing is necessary to protect the individual’s “vital interests”
- The processing is necessary for administering justice, or for exercising statutory, governmental, or other public functions
- The processing is in accordance with the “legitimate interests” condition.
Storing and retaining personal information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Electronic Data Storage
- All electronic data storage systems will be at least password protected. Rights of access will only be granted to personnel with a legitimate need to process the data.
- If personal data is stored on removable electronic media, these will be kept locked away securely when not being used.
- Personal data will only be stored on designated, restricted drives.
- Servers containing personal data will be sited in a secure location.
- Personal data will be backed up frequently in line with the Company’s backup procedures.
- All servers and computers containing data shall be protected by appropriate security software/system.
Paper Data Storage
- Personal data on paper shall be kept in a locked drawer or filing cabinet.
- Personal data printouts will be shredded and disposed of securely when no longer required.
- Personal data will not be retained for ex-employees unless it is required to be kept by law (i.e tax documents) or shows that the Company has fulfilled its legal and moral obligations to the employee i.e. health surveillance records
Your rights under the protection law
As an individual you have a number of rights under the relevant data protection laws, including:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification (if the data we hold is incorrect)
- The right to erasure (unless there is a legal obligation for us to hold this data)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to request that decisions are not taken by wholly automated means
- The right to data portability
Whilst we will always strive for excellent service, we recognise that you may not be happy with the way that we have handled your personal information. If you are dissatisfied with how we are using your personal data or if you wish to complain about how we have handled a request, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01246 260303 and we will try to resolve any issues. However, you also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. Their helpline telephone number is 0303 123 1113.